Saturday, February 6, 2010

School and a Lack of Motivation

I love being in school, I really do...though, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to hold onto my motivation. I'm beginning to think the only way I'm going to remain motivated is to find a way to handcuff myself to it. :) As soon as I figure out a way to do that I'll get right on it.

Today is Saturday, and I'm usually done with all my school work by this time. Yet, today I need to work on more homework. I'm obviously behind on my schedule. It's hard to find the motivation to think about a research project when I've never been a big fan of research papers. Especially when there are so many other things I'd like to reading and or writing.

Oh well, I need to start the research process soon. Hopefully I'll be able to find enough valuable information to make a decent paper. Oh the joys of college life. :) I know my daughter will be happy when I am no longer attached to my computer. As a two year old she just doesn't understand what "homework" is or that it's not my choice to being attached to my laptop instead of chasing her around the house. She'll understand someday, unfortunately by that time she won't remember anything about my time in school...and probably wouldn't want to hang out with her mom anyway. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Sarah! Are you researching something that is interesting to you? That helps. I am researching a subject of great interest to me so it makes it a lot easier. I'm gaining knowledge for personal interest while completing an assignment (killing two birds with one stone).

    Just remember, you are being an awesome example to your daugther. She will appreciate your hard work and have a strong lead to follow. Don't worry, the high school years aren't too bad with teenage girls. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with my 14 year old...so far, so good. The attitude is probably the worst thing.

    Anyway, I'm rambling. Have an awesome Sunday!

    ReplyDelete